How Can We Help?
Time Clock Exceptions
This article is for Time Clock Administrators. You must have the “Time Clock Administrator” role active under “Time Clock Rights” in your member profile in order to manage time clock exceptions.
Options for Reviewing Exceptions
There are two ways to review exceptions:
- The Time Clock Exception Report. This option allows you to review exceptions for multiple members at once.
- Looking at an individual member’s time card. This option is only available if your organization has this feature active. Contact our Support Team for more information.
Time Clock Exception Report
- Navigate to “Time Clock > Time Clock Exceptions”.
- If needed, adjust the filters at the top of the screen by using the “View more sort / filter options” icon:
- Multiple options for viewing time card exceptions are available including:
- From Date & To Date
- Exception Status (“Ex Status”) —
- All – View all
- Complete – Exceptions that have been previously marked as complete
- Pending – Exceptions that are pending completion/review
- Type – All, Compensated, Volunteer
- Member Status — All, Active, Inactive
- Sort By — This will alter the default sorted data view.
- Click the “Refresh” icon.
- Select All – Will select all exceptions on the screen that are pending completion/review.
- Unselect All – Will unselect all records on the screen.
Approving/Accepting an Exception
- Click the checkbox next to the shift you wish to approve.
- You can select multiple shifts at once, if needed.
- Click “Approve Selected Shifts” at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point, the exception “status” will change from “Pending” to “Complete”.
Standard Exception Codes
Exceptions will appear in the “In Ex” column (clock-in exceptions) and “Out Ex” column (clock-out exceptions).
- IE: in early
- IL: in late
- OE: out early
- OL: out late
- ABS: absent
- MCIO: manual clock in/out (time entered using the “Enter Time” feature; formerly known as Manual Clock In & Out)
- MCO: manual clock out
- OA: other activity
The number after the exception code corresponds to the number of minutes related to the punch. For example:
- IE9: member punched in 9 minutes early
- OL48: member punch out 48 minutes late
Custom Exception Codes
In addition to the standard exception codes listed above, it is possible for our Support Team to create custom exception codes that are specific to your organization.
Editing a Punch Via the Exception Report
There are two options for editing a punch:
- Click the exception code (in the “In Ex” or “Out Ex” column).
- If an exception code doesn’t exist, click the the shift date/time in the “In” or “Out” column.
All of these options will take you to the Administration Clock In/Out screen, allowing you to make to make the necessary changes.
Managing Exceptions on Member’s Time Card
An alternate way to view and approve exceptions is to review them on the member’s time card.
- Navigate to the member’s time card.
- To approve an exception, click the checkbox in the “check mark” column. You can click multiple exceptions if needed.
- Click “Approve”.
Editing a Punch Via the Time Card
- Click the the shift date/time in the “In” column.
- This will take you to the Administration Clock In/Out screen, allowing you to make to make the necessary changes.